Announcement Upcoming changes to SimpleGalaxy

• Maintenance
    • General

Welcome to the SimpleGalaxy Forum!
    If you own already an account, you can log in now.
    Otherwise you can register by using the command /register on our server.

• Upcoming changes to SimpleGalaxy

Hey!

You all might have recognized our problems with e.g the AntiCheat or cheaters in general. Not enough (active) staff, false positives detected by the anticheat result in autobans and so on. Upcoming changes and updates will hopefully end these problems. Not all changes are made final so far and we've got a lot of work to do, but I'll introduce you into the most of them:

Not enough active staff online on SimpleGalaxy:

Well, the resolution of this problem shouldn't be too hard. In the next days I will release a new application form for you and re-read all posted applications here in the forum. The result shall be a whole bunch of new trial-moderators to complete the rest of our active staff. There will be an extra post for that - I'll keep you updated.

Finally - a report system:

SimpleGalaxy never had a report-system which had the result that hackers were able to play a full round of e.g. HG without being banned. I developed a Report-System which will be released as soon as there is enough staff online to ban these hackers. Otherwise you might complain (with reason) about hackers not being banned even if reported. We'll see when the time is right to release it, but we'll hurry as this seems to be quite necessary.

Last but not least - a Anticheat update:

I won't get too deep in detail but also the anticheat will be updated in the next couple of days. The current one is old and outdated and so shall be updated. This should also fix the autoban-issue caused by high latency.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo as you can see there's a lot of work to do but nothing is impossible to do. As I won't be able to complete my work before the weekend, network-maintenance should be next week somewhat between monday and thursday. I'll keep you updated - that's it for now. I'm open for discussion so let me know what you think. Thanks for reading,

Happy playing and have a nice day,
      fleance
    • Hello Fleance,

I think the changes are really necessary and many players are waiting for such an update.

Another thing that would be very cool is a word filter to prevent repititions and insults in the chat.

I'm glad that there will be a report feature. I hope that it will work effectively so that there will be more fun for the players in the future.

Thank you for your work to make the server an even better place!

Have a nice day!

StefanGHG

The post was edited 1 time, last by StefanGHG ().

• Oh my, my Christmas hat is very much fitting now.
      It must be Christmas!
      First off, FINALLY. NEW MODS. Yes. Very nice.
      Second, a /report command? YAY. Combined with the above, this will work well, I'm sure.
      Just a small thing: I noticed my app has been up for a long time - but I'm not able to be very active at the moment due to some internet issues. Do I need to be more active to make sure I'm not instantly denied? It would kinda suck if I get denied for the Telekom hating me >-<
      Anyhow, AWESOME changes man!
      I'm sure @Krymonota did some things as well, respect to you as well :)
      -Sam
      MCPvP player since 2011
      Simple‘s Forumbestie
      Stomper Main
    • xGhale wrote:

Oh my, my Christmas hat is very much fitting now.
      It must be Christmas!
      First off, FINALLY. NEW MODS. Yes. Very nice.
      Second, a /report command? YAY. Combined with the above, this will work well, I'm sure.
      Just a small thing: I noticed my app has been up for a long time - but I'm not able to be very active at the moment due to some internet issues. Do I need to be more active to make sure I'm not instantly denied? It would kinda suck if I get denied for the Telekom hating me >-<
      Anyhow, AWESOME changes man!
      I'm sure @Krymonota did some things as well, respect to you as well :)
      -Sam
      I cannot tell how active you currently are/could have been without having internet issues so I cannot tell you whether you should be more active for not being instantly denied. Anyways - you won't get instantly denied without a good reason so don't worry.

Greetings,
      fleance